Thursday, July 12, 2007

YouTube - it's not just for messing around

Well, what do you know - YouTube can educate. I was familiar with this site because of friends who direct me to watch something funny (like "Idiot Grandma"). However, this assignment made me think of how YouTube could be used in library-related work and the first thing that comes to my mind is that it can teach. I attended an ASL workshop last fall, during which the instructor told us that she had asked her son to make a video of The Lord's Prayer in ASL. He posted it to YouTube, so I was able to view it and learn from it. From that video I was linked to other videos, some of which really were ASL-related. I can see that some of the videos here will be helpful in my pursuit of learning ASL.

Translate that to helping anyone learn anything - it's probably out there.

No comments: