Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Library 2.0 and Story Times

Library 2.0 is a good thing and I am glad that there are librarians who are passionate about it. There is no doubt that the information industry is changing and will continue to change faster and faster. Libraries must be in the forefront - we are responsible for managing information and connecting it to people.

What impassions this librarian is Story Times. Or, to be exact, introducing children to the power of language. I welcome the way the web enhances my ability to learn from others, to gather ideas and techniques, and to jump-start my own thoughts and imagination. But at the end of the day, it is the time that I spent connecting with those little faces that sit around me at a Story Time, that gives me the charge to keep going.

No comments: