Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Week 8

Zoho and Google Docs are great! I like Zoho for, among other things, the templates, which make it so easy to create a good-looking, professional document. I worked in Zoho with the intent of posting it to my blog. It was the easiest thing I've done in these (almost) 23 Things. In fact, I clicked in the appropriate place and thought to myself "This can't work - it's too easy." But it worked! And it was too easy - but I was thrilled. (See the previous blog, "Untitled")



Google Docs is great for being "portable" so to speak. It's nice to be able to access from anywhere and to share with teammates. But can you print your document? I've been trying to figure out how to do that and the best I have come up with is to mail it to myself as an attachment and then print it out.



I love things where someone else has done the hard work for you and you get to reap the benefits. Web 2.0 awards fits this category, and I'm glad that they have picked the best for me to explore and utilize.Currently I have travel on my mind (since my brother recently moved to Kauai). I looked at the top 3 travel sites to get some info on airfare. I see that this feature could be helpful for librarians - we can direct patrons to this site to help them narrow down a search for particular types of websites. I know I am frustrated by the enormous amount of choices I have when searching the web for info. Patrons are too.

No comments: